If you’ve spent time watching TikTok videos, chances are that you’ve stumbled on videos with lots of cool filters and effects that creators use to make their content more engaging.
One of these is the Reverse effect that allows you to play your clip backward, beginning with the ending.
Here’s how to use it to switch up your video…
How to Use the Reverse Video Effect on TikTok
The Reverse Video effect is simple to use, just follow these steps:
- Open the app and tap on the Create (+) button at the bottom of your screen to create or edit a TikTok video.
- Record a clip or upload an existing video from your gallery.
- Tap on Effects between the “Sounds” and “Text” buttons to access all the cool effects on TikTok.
- Now, scroll right and tap on the Time tab at the bottom-right of your screen to access the time-related effects.
- Drag the slider to the area on the timeline where you want the video to start playing in reverse, then tap Reverse. Your selection is now ready to play backward.
- Tap the play button to the applied effect in action if it doesn’t play automatically.
- Tap Save when done, then tap Next
- You can enter a short description, use hashtags, and adjust any settings you want. Tap Post when done to share your video.
Play It Both Ways
Thanks to TikTok’s Reverse effect, you play clips backward in your posts. Now that you know how to use the TikTok Reverse Videos effect, go ahead and use it to impress your audience or followers, or even repurpose some of your old videos in your gallery.
This is one of several other cool tricks, effects, tools, and filters that make TikTok a powerful tool for creators and lovers of short-form video content.