Ukraine’s president urges residents to take up arms, as heavy fighting rages around the capital.
- Street fighting has broken out with Russian forces in the capital Kyiv, which was rocked with intense gunfire and explosions overnight.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenkskyy has pledged to not surrender and continue fighting to defend his country.
- The Russian army said it has taken control of the Ukrainian city of Melitopol and targeted the country’s military infrastructure with air and sea-based cruise missiles.
- United States says it will sanction Russian President Vladimir Putin and Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.
- Meta, the parent company of social media giant Facebook, has barred Russian state media from running ads or monetising on its platform.
- UN says more than 50,000 Ukrainians have fled to other countries since the fighting started.
Here are the latest updates:
Ukraine embassy staff evacuating from Moscow, Latvia says
The staff of Ukraine’s embassy in Moscow is evacuating to Latvia, the Latvian foreign ministry told Reuters.
“It was their plea, we readily agreed. We are assisting them in the process and help with settling down,” Latvian foreign ministry spokesperson Janis Bekeris said.
He declined to say whether the embassy staff had already arrived in Latvia, citing security concerns.
Fighting continues but Kyiv ‘is under control’
Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to President Zelenskyy, said Ukrainian forces have been able to mount a strong defence against the Russians.
Russian forces are still trying to move a large number of troops and equipment into the city, and fighting continues to take place on the outskirts, he said.
“Both in the city itself and on the outskirts of Kyiv, the situation is under control,” Podolyak said, according to the country’s UNIAN news agency.
Hyundai Veloster N TCR Makes World Debut in Detroit
Just before it sets of to conquer the race tracks of the 2019 International Motor Sports Association Michelin Pilot Challenge series,...
Reconditioned 1974 Honda CB750 Looks as If It Came Straight Out of a Museum
You might find it hard to believe, but this 1974 Honda CB750 was nothing more than a non-running project a few years...
Beautiful Music for Successful Wedding Videos
When it comes to wedding videos, ensuring you have the right music at hand can make all the difference. Any...
Why it’s better to have a child with someone you don’t love – Yvonne Nelson spills
Popular Ghanaian actress, Yvonne Nelson has revealed why it’s better and advisable for people to have children with people they are not...
Wizkid’s Made In Lagos Hits Half A Billion Streams On Apple Music
Nigerian superstar, Wizkid has recorded another feat with his Made In Lagos Deluxe album version with a milestone of 500M...
Blake Snell Net Worth
What is Blake Snell’s net worth? Net Worth: $10 Million Age: 28 Born: December 4, 1992 Country of Origin: United...
Beenie Man Net Worth
What is Beenie Man’s net worth? Net Worth: $4 Million Age: 47 Born: August 22, 1973 Country of Origin: Jamaica...
See how to load an already used recharge card (Topsecrets)
Have you ever gotten free Airtime Credit from MTN? If you haven’t, you’re still dulling yourself. This article will teach...
Nigerians on Twitter find humour in Oxlade’s leaked s*x tape
Full video of a fast-rising singer identified as Oxlade smashing an unidentified lady breaks the internet, Brand Spur Nigeria reports. In the tape...
Oxlade S*x Tape With Unidentified Lady Breaks Internet
Full video of a fast-rising singer identified as Oxlade smashing an unidentified lady breaks the internet, Brand Spur Nigeria reports. The 24-year-old whose...